If you’ve given up goodies like chocolate for lent, this time of year can be a struggle, especially during your work day when you’re just craving a snack. Thankfully with our fruit delivery service direct to your Dublin workplace every day, you can reach for some filling, delicious fruit snacks like apples, bananas, oranges, grapes etc and satisfy your cravings. There’s hundreds of reasons why nibbling on fruit is good for you, but when the fruit delivery is as fresh as ours, well it tastes incredible too.
But there’s more to fruit than just eating it as-is, and if our fruit delivery baskets have got you thinking about how you can include more fruit into your diet, we’ve got some inspiring recipes which you can make at home… all pretty much guilt-free, but high on deliciousness!
And if you’re feeling really generous you can bring some into work to share with the office!
Guilt-Free Greek Yoghurt and Honey Blueberry Muffins
These Guilt-Free Greek Yoghurt and Honey Blueberry Muffins are delicious and you can substitute the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries if you fancy. There’s no butter in this recipe, plus the addition of chia seeds, coconut oil and whole wheat flour make them a super healthy treat.
|Image – via bakerbynature.com|
You will need:
- 280g whole wheat flour
- 140g plain flour
- 35g + 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 225mls low-fat Greek style yoghurt
- 115g low fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 50mls honey
- 110mls coconut oil (be sure it’s at room temperature)
- 1 cup blueberries or other berries such as raspberries or blackberries.
- 1 handful of chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 200c and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat and plain flours, with the sugar, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the Greek yoghurt, the milk, vanilla, eggs, honey and oil.
- Next, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until all the flour has disappeared and you’ve an even batter. Then fold in the blueberries (or whichever berries you are using).
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cases and put in the oven to bake for 18 minutes. Reduce the heat to 190c after 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
|Image via – bakerbynature.com|