Sweetcorn Fritters are a deadly little lunchbox idea and a way to get more vegetables into your diet throughout the day. Quick to assemble and even faster to cook, we’ve had them for breakfast topped with an egg, for lunch with a bean and tomato salad and even just as a snack throughout a busy day. Recreate this recipe at home in your own kitchen.
🌽 Sweetcorn Fritters 🌽
- 275g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 65g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Vegetable or rapeseed oil, for frying
1. In a food processor, add half the sweetcorn and process until broken down and almost smooth. Then add the flour, baking powder and beaten egg. Pulse to combine and follow with the lime or lemon juice.
2. Stir in the remaining sweetcorn and chopped coriander. Set to one side.
3. Heat a frying pan with a little oil in it to medium-high. When at temperature, dollop four large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and pat them down flat. Fry for a minute or two each side until cooked through, crisp on the outsides and just turning a golden colour.
4. Remove and allow to cool on some kitchen paper before serving.