V1.2 July 2021
This privacy statement sets out how The Fruit People Limited uses and processes any personal information that you provide to us when you use this website or place an order by phone or email. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
There are three primary lawful basis we rely on are:
Contract – for when you provide information for the placing of an order with us for our fantastic fruit baskets and other goods to be delivered.
Legitimate interest – for when, as a great start-up business, we are handling any queries and issue handling and for internal management, delivery handling and record keeping purposes.
We also rely on Consent when we ask to place any non-essential cookies on your device when you visit our website and when we would like to provide you with our newsletter or undertake other marketing.
If your employer hires us to provide you with some lovely fresh fruit or other goodies (lucky you!), please be assured we will only use your details to facilitate delivery and resolve any issues. We will never use your personal details provided by your company for marketing or any other purpose beyond order fulfilment.
WHAT WE COLLECT
In ensuring that your needs are adequately catered for, we may collect the following information:
- Contact information such as your name and company details including your email address and/or telephone number and delivery address.
- Any information you provide to us when completing online form on our website or send us via email such as allergies or preferences.
- Financial details of any orders you submit.
- Our cookies (when you agree) record details of your visit to our website such as what pages are visited and from where.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We mostly use this information to provide you with requested services and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you each time you visit. We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To ensure fulfilment of your order.
- For internal management and record keeping purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services (where we have your consent for marketing) or where there are changes relating to order completion.
- In the fulfilment and delivery of an order when we have been contracted to deliver services by you or your employer.
- Where you have given your consent (such as through your acceptance of cookies) we may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties, to use your data for marketing purposes.
The Fruit People Ltd are committed to ensuring that your personal data is kept strictly confidential, safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place appropriate physical and technical measures sat Fruit HQ as well and ensuring the appropriate security measure for online orders and payments. We train our staff in their obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and our other obligations under the law. We employ support services where we need them to help meet those obligations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. Please follow good data hygiene rules such as never placing an order on a mobile device if using free Wifi in a public place.
We will store your data for differing periods depending on the purpose of the processing but only for as long as it is necessary to do so because of business need or because legislation requires it.
For example, we store your financial details if you have made an order for 6 years under Revenue’s rules. If you are the lucky recipient of an order submitted by your company, this is kept for 1 month post-delivery to help address any issues. Cookies have differing retention periods, and these are set out in the cookie management tool on our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or remembers when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow websites to function but also respond to you as an individual. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are several types of cookies:
Essential – these cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. These are always placed on your device if you visit our site.
Preferences – these cookies enable the website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or other choices you make. These are optional and require your consent.
Statistics – these cookies help our technical boffins to understand how visitors interact with website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Though the data captured is anonymous, we still must ask your consent to use them.
You can set your cookie preferences through the easy to use website cookie management tool which we have installed and which will also give you full details on the name, type and purpose of each cookie as well as how long it will stay on your device. You can also change your preferences at any time using the tool.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
YOUR RIGHTS AS DATA SUBJECTS
As a data subject, we have responsibilities when using your personal data. To help ensure we meet these responsibilities the GDPR and other legislation gives you the following rights:
- You have the right to establish if The Fruit People Ltd are processing any of your personal data. You also have the right to be informed how your personal information is being processed and with whom we share it (if we do).
- You have the right to access your personal data held by us and to request a copy. (Our preference would be in writing, but you are free to phone our just visit us and ask. Our contact details are at the bottom of the page.)
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified or amended especially where the information is inaccurate or incomplete. We will promptly and happily correct any such errors or omissions.
- You have the right to object – meaning you can disagree with our processing of your data when we do so as a business when we rely on our legitimate interest to do so.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal data under certain conditions but sometimes there may be other obligations requiring us to keep it. If so, we will explain what these are.
- You have the right to erasure (sometimes called the right to be forgotten) – you can ask us to delete any personal data we process relating to you where you believe we no longer have any necessity to hold it or you have withdrawn any consent given.
- You have the right of data portability – this means you can receive any personal data they you provided to The Fruit People as a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. It also gives them the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
- You have the right to restrict processing – meaning you may, under certain circumstances, ask us to limit the use of your personal data such that it can be stored but not otherwise used by us. This normally applies when you disagree with our right to process your data for a specific purpose.
- You have the right to object to automated decision making – but it’s ok, we don’t do any of that.
- Where you have been asked for, and you have given, your consent for the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw this at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner where you believe our processing of your personal data is not in accordance with our obligations under the law. (Their details are given below, and their website is very helpful to better understand your rights.)
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS (or just saying hello!)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights with regard to your personal data and understand whether / how we use it, please contact us in writing, in person or by phone using the details below:
The Fruit People Ltd
6 Pintail House, Redcourt Oaks
Seafield Road East,
Dublin D03 KVOO
Phone: +353 1 534 5821
If writing to us, please put ‘Data Protection’ in the title so we will know its urgent. In writing is easier for us so we can better manage your requests more efficiently as the Fruit People’ office is a busy a place, but you are not required to submit your request in this way.
The Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South
We review this policy regularly and may amend it from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes made since you last visited.